Malton - synonymous with good food...
The Talbot Hotel tops the list of must-visit places for local and visiting gastronomes.
The Talbot Hotel Restaurant specialises in taking Yorkshires finest ingredients and cooking them simply with care. With superb game from the nearby North York Moors and seafood from the coast The Restaurant is blessed with an enviable larder on its door step. Our head chef makes the most of the rare breed cattle and pork, artisan cheeses and seasonal vegetables to produce menus of classic but simple food of the highest quality.
The menu at the Talbot changes regularly to take advantage of the seasons. Dishes are produced with flair by a team of highly trained chefs and served in a professional yet understated manner.
- 50-cover Restaurant
- Drawing room with open fires
- Bar and informal dining
- Wentworth room for private functions for up to 65 people
- Morning coffee and light bites in the bar and lounge
- Traditional Sunday roast in the Restaurant
- Hand-pulled cask bitter and wide selection of wines by the glass in the bar
- Wines from around the world including select vintages from the renowned 'Chateau Talbot'
The Talbot is the place in Malton for food and drink.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room from 7.30am to 9.30am weekdays and 8am to 10am weekends - residents only
- Morning coffee served in the lounges, bar and atrium - available all day - no bookings
- Tea and cake is being served at £5 per head between 3pm and 5pm every day - no bookings
- Lunch in The Restaurant 12 noon - 2.30pm - lunch menu - bookings taken
- Lunch in the bar and atrium - 12 noon - 2.30pm - no bookings
- Dinner in The Restaurant 6.30 - 9.30pm - booking required
- Sunday lunch in The Restaurant 12 noon - 2.30pm - booking required
- The Terrace will be open everyday of the week for lunch between 12 noon and 2.30pm as well as afternoon tea (apart from Sundays) between 2.30pm and 5pm.
Our sample menus are available to view (please use the page links to the left) and if you require further information, please use the 'make an enquiry' button to the side, click here to email us or contact us via telephone on 01653 639096.