A traditional coaching inn, with every modern amenity.
The 2011 restoration of the Talbot Hotel was undertaken by all parties with a commitment to conservation using décor, fixtures and fittings appropriate to the building's history. We are delighted with the results of this, the more so to have achieved it without compromising on modern expectations of comfort and amenity.
- 26 bedrooms including doubles, twins, family, two suites and two rooms with four poster beds
- Restaurant and menus overseen by Executive Chef James Martin
- Elegant drawing room
- Bar, with informal lunch/dinner menu
- Private dining room for up to 40 guests
- Meeting room for up to 40 delegates
- Landscaped gardens
- Secure gun storage
- Drying room
- Free hi-speed WiFi
- Dog friendly
- Disabled access is via an external path
The gardens and walkways too, have been the subject of meticulous restoration, with local stone materials, fruit and ornamental trees and a new wildflower meadow running down to the river.